GEDC Business Centre
(Greenstone Economic Development Corporation)
We are the local CFDC (Community Futures Development Corporation) in the Municipality of Greenstone and a, not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors. With financial assistance from the Government of Canada through FedNor, we offer a variety of products and services to promote small business growth, and community economic development.
GEDC, as part of the CFDC (Community Futures Development Corporation) network, carries out the following services:
- Community economic planning and development
- Investment in local business
- Business development and counselling services
GEDC was established on September 20th, 1988.
Developing the Future.
Foster and encourage the start-up and operation of successful enterprise in all economic sectors within the Greenstone Service Area.
- Strategic community planning and socio-economic development
- Support for community based projects
- Business information and planning services
- Access to capital for small and medium sized businesses and social enterprise
- Adaptability (Bendability)
- Open Door Policy
2016 - 2019 Strategic Roadmap can be viewed below: