GEDC Business Centre
(Greenstone Economic Development Corporation)
We are the local CFDC (Community Futures Development Corporation) in the Municipality of Greenstone and a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors. With financial assistance from the Government of Canada through FedNor, we offer a variety of products and services to promote small business growth and community economic development.
GEDC was established on September 20th, 1988.
Developing the Future.
Foster and encourage the start-up and operation of successful enterprise in all economic sectors within the Greenstone Service Area.
- Strategic community planning and socio-economic development
- Support for community-based projects
- Business information and planning services
- Access to capital for small and medium-sized businesses and social enterprises
- Adaptability (Bendability)
- Open Door Policy
Our 2020 - 2022 Strategic Roadmap can be viewed below:
View our 2021 GEDC Annual Report below to find out what we've been up to!
GEDC Catchment Area
GEDC is a bilingual community-based non-profit organization, servicing the communities and First Nations in our catchment area.
- Aroland First Nation
- Animbiigoo Zaagi’igan Anishinaabek
- Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek
- Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek
- Ginoogaming First Nation
- Long Lake #58 First Nation
- Orient Bay
For more information about the communities please click on the link to visit the Municipality of Greenstone's website to view their community profiles: